Dicky's Doodles &Scribbles

Cartoons,editorials and comment about current events and more.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Still An Opitmist! Even In 2007!



This is a post I placed here last year. I still feel the same way! I don't care what Voltaire, who I do admire, said, I remain an opimist!!

Writing in Candide, which he denied writing, the eighteenth century French philosopher, author Voltaire wrote " If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others like?"
Optimism was, he wrote "The passion for maintaining that all is right when all goes wrong with us."
"Ultimately optimism is as self protecting a hypothesis about the world as one could imagine, since absolutely nothing can refute it."
Hmmm...I remain an optimist these days in spite of the state of affairs at large in our world. I would quote Mahatma Gandhi, "You must become the change you want to see in the world."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home