Dicky's Doodles &Scribbles

Cartoons,editorials and comment about current events and more.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

I Am Moving!

I am moving for the next few days!
I have lived in this general area for the last 26 years. I have been within a half block or closer to the waters of the Laguna Madre all this time.
I have become a victim of "progress."
The townhouses where I live have been sold to an ambitious developer and he is kicking the tenants out and converting the place into condos, for sale.
One bedrooms such as mine will be going for $89,000. Two bedrooms and the units on the water will be much higher.
This is the third time I have had to move because my place has been sold out from under me!
I will be moving about 4 miles inland, still in the same general area, but in a, how should I put it, a "more affordable" area. I have not looked for a place to live in a long time and I have been shocked at the cost of housing, and "application" fees, the price of deposits, etc. I am living on Social Security disability and I have found out how little affordable housing is available and that most of it is extremely sub-standard.
My new place will be more convenient to access the local supermarket, the bank, the Walmart, and my clinic where I go to the doctor, physical therapy and the gym.
It will be one hundred dollars less per month and I expect my electric bill will be much less.
It also has great acoustics! I think I should be able to do some recording there.
So it wont be bad at all, just a hassle. And the construction crews have invaded this place and made life here at present extremely untenable!
So I will probaly not be tending much to my blogs till I get moved in and set up. My phone wont be on until Tuesday. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 3:45 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Good luck moving Dicky... yuck... moving is not fun. I hate it when you get all the boxes moved in and stacked, and all you have to look foward to is the grim job of unpacking all of those boxes.

And thank you so kindly for the well wishes for my kiddo and for putting that asshat the Godfather in his place. What a mammoth jerk. I certainly appreciate it... thank you.

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement Tina.I made a lot of progress today, with a lot of help from some good friends, and tomorrow will get pretty far towards being done I hope. At worst, should be in by Monday evening.
Hope your babe is well and here's looking at you kid!

 
At 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Dicky, hope your move is complete...and you're getting some rest....

Just hanging out watching the Republicans implode....

Karen

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Stephen McArthur said...

Hey Dicky!! OK! Have you moved? Where are you? What's up? You need to update us all......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home