Dicky's Doodles &Scribbles

Cartoons,editorials and comment about current events and more.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Media Circus In My Hometown!



Austin Attorney Harry Whittington




















For the past two days I have had to go to Christus Spohn Memorial Hospital to drop off my prescriptions and then to pick up my medications. This is the same hospital that is treating Austin attorney Harry Whittington, the victim of the shooting by Vice President Dick Cheney over the weekend.
Yesterday I saw the media circus camping out in front of the entrance to the hospital. They were then encroaching on the hospital grounds. Today the hospital staff asked them to exit the hospital property and set up partly on and partly off the side of the street.
It is quite a scene to see the satellite hookups and a gaggle of journalists, tech crews and who knows what else camped out there.
They are a bit in the way, interfering somewhat with the flow of traffic and making it difficult to see oncoming traffic when you exit the hospital grounds.
Oh well, I guess that is the price you pay for a little excitement and media frenzy around here!
Today there was an added wrinkle. PETA protestors were gathered a short distance away, some wearing animal costumes and others carrying signs protesting Cheney's cruelty as he and his friends blaze away at little birds. They aren't too worried about them shooting each other I don't think!

1 Comments:

At 6:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I understand they were shooting quail, which are plentiful here. I never heard of "canned" quail hunts. No need. And they do fly. Quail use the brush and terrain for cover and hunters use bird dogs to flush them out and make them fly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home