Dicky's Doodles &Scribbles

Cartoons,editorials and comment about current events and more.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Day Dawns...


Outside my window the sun is shining and a cool breeze blows over a beautiful day. I am watching the inauguration of Barack Obama and I am rejoicing at the changing of the guard and the end of our eight year national nightmare under the G.W. Bush Presidency.
A friend sent me a message this morning which I print below.

From Steve Schiwetz:
Seamus Heaney wrote a version of Sophocles' Philoctetes called The Cure at Troy and
there is a passage in it which came to mind while I was thinking of how things were
when I was a kid growing up white in south Texas and what is going to happen in the
morning.

History says, don't hope
on this side of the grave.
But then, once in a lifetime,
the longed-for tidal wave
of Justice can rise up,
and hope and history rhyme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home