Dicky's Doodles &Scribbles

Cartoons,editorials and comment about current events and more.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Some Neely Family History


I don't usually put things like this in my blog but my sister sent me this from a local paper near her home of Daingerfield, Tx.
This article and pictures illustrate a big part of my family heritage.
My dad's picture is on here, along with my grand parents and uncles and aunts from my Daddy's side of the family.
Click on the text and pics for a larger image, which is readable.

2 Comments:

At 4:35 PM , Blogger timtraveler said...

Hey, Dicky! This is really cool to have the legend live on. How long did you live in Marshall?

I'm putting it on my list to stop at "Neely's" the next time I pass that way.

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tim! I was born in Marshall but only lived there about 2-3 years or so. I grew up in Longview where my Dad had his own business for a long time.
We once lived in one of the buildings in the Neely's of the 30's picture. By then it was old and run down but it was just out of town with a pine forest and fileds all around it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home