Dicky's Doodles &Scribbles

Cartoons,editorials and comment about current events and more.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Winter Solstice


(Click on pic for larger image)









Avoid The "So Called Controversy!"

The other day I saw an acquaintance and wished him a hearty "Happy Holidays!" I was not thinking and have not thought much about the so-called "War on Christmas" being promoted by Bill O'Reilly and other would be religious ayatollahs.
My friend gave me a superior glance and said "You mean Merry Christmas!" as he wagged his finger at me and strode out of sight.
I thought "Well screw him!" ...Not a very Christmas like thought. So to avoid such incidents I have decided to go back to the roots, so to speak, to the original celebration for this time of year as a basis for my greetings.
Having said that I wish to everyone a very Happy (whatever you celebrate) and a Happy New Year!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM , Blogger Tina said...

The day before Christmas Eve, Hubby and I had to run into Office Max to pick up ink for our printer, so on our way out the door, an employee was standing near the foyer area and he handed BabyGirl a little candy cane and he looked at us and said "Happy Holidays" and I said "Happy Holidays to you, too". We start out the door and a woman who was behind us said -(in a snotty tone of voice)- "Dontcha mean Merry Christmas?" and my Hubby spun around and said "Well actually, we wish people Happy Hannukah (absolute lie, we're not Jewish, but he was pissed) so perhaps you should stop excluding folks." The look on her face was priceless! She just stood there with her mouth open and said nothing, and the Office Max guy had the biggest smile on his face... tee hee... Happy Holidays Dicky... for whatever you celebrate or want to celebrate.

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tina!
Yes it is kinda crazy out there!
Thanks for the comment and I think everyone can safely say Happy New year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home