Dicky's Doodles &Scribbles

Cartoons,editorials and comment about current events and more.

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Donald Trump Not To Drive Pace Car At Indy 500! What A Relief!


Click on pic for larger image


I had posted this blog post and now have just found out the The Donald has pulled out. He wont be driving the pace car after all. He said he didn't have the time for the instruction and practice sessions required. Well, that's indeed good news. (3:50 pm cst)


Below see a letter I wrote to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Friends,
I recently found out that Donald Trump is to be the pace car driver for the Centennial Indy 500. I object most strenuously. Donald Trump is at best a polarizing figure and in my view a crass, self promoter and does not reflect well on the tradition of this great event.
I don't understand how he could be chosen. It would seem to me that the pace car should be driven by Little Al with Uncle Bobby, A.J. Foyt and Mario Andretti in the back seat. Now that would be appropriate!
Please rectify this and don't insult the legions of race fans who don't want to see politics and egoisim injected into the 500, and this event particularly.
I have been a racing fan since the 50's when I heard Sid Collins broadcasting on the radio. I have followed Indy cars throughout the years, often in total dismay over the ups and downs, Please don't give us another downer with Trump in the driver's seat!
Sincerely,
Dicky Neely
Corpus Christi, Tx.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home