Dicky's Doodles &Scribbles

Cartoons,editorials and comment about current events and more.

Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain Picks A Virtually Unkown VP Choice!


Well so much for the experience argument! John McCain today announced his VP pick and it is fair to say it was a surprise! Sarah Palin, Republican Governor of Alaska, was McCain's choice.
I will admit I know nothing about her or have ever heard of her. I went to Google today and found the Alaska state government websites were shut down, jammed, I suppose, because of millions of hits from people seeking her biographical information.
I will fill in my knowledge gap soon I imagine but in the mean time this choice indicates a couple of things as I see it.
One, this is McCain's cynical attempt to woo disgruntled Hillary voters.
Two, this reminds me very much of G.W. Bush's strange choice of Harriet Meirs for a vacant Supreme Court seat a while back.
Oh, and by the way, Palin is a former beauty queen, as was McCain's first wife, and as was Cindy McCain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home